The Idaho Association for Play Therapy (IDAPT) is a chartered branch of the Association for Play Therapy. IDAPT is a not-for-profit incorporation that is dedicated to providing a forum for the professional growth and development of the play therapist, providing training to the mental health community, and advocating for appropriate mental health treatment for children. This includes the following:
- Training sessions for CE hours
- Peer consultation/supervision groups
- Educating the public about the importance of play therapy treatment for children
- Promotion of play therapy as a treatment modality
- Promotion of the highest standards in the profession of play therapy
- Advocating for children’s’ mental health issues
- Encouraging our members to become Registered Play Therapists and Supervisors
We welcome you to contact us for more information if you are interested in becoming a member of APT/IDAPT or if you want additional information on Play Therapy.
IDAPT was organized in 1996 by a group of dedicated professionals who had gone to a Gary Landreth conference in Utah and came home energized. In October of 1997, IDAPT became an official branch of APT, Incorporated as a non-profit in January of 2002, and first achieved the Gold Branch Status in 2008. We most recently achieved Gold Branch status in 2021!!!